Thursday, June 18, 2009

"How could you?!"

That phrase from a certain incident was running through my head the whole day... Sigh. Still not off this god-forsakken 'highway' yet. 

Anyway, changing the subject.

After leaving Penang at 4pm... I'm finally here...

The reason I've sacrificed my time with family back home.

My last ever involvement with the Campus Ministry.

P.D. 

Port Dickson. 

IJ Sisters Convent/Bungalow.

Venue for Semenanjung Camp 2009.  

8 hours later. -_-"

Nothing of a surprise, 'cos I've already been here the week before. Came to scout the place (as though we had a backup to this place if I had said 'no'). The place is nice. For a building close to a 100 years old it still has a homey feel about it, and with the beach just literally outside the fence of the place, I'd definitely rate it high among the places I've been for camps like these. Also, due to the low number of participants, we all get to use the rooms, some single, some twin sharing, so that's definitely an unexpected plus. 

However, one thing I forgot to check the last time I came, and what slipped my mind that's normal for very old buildings, is the number of wall-plug-points available. Besides the hall downstairs, which has about 4, there's only ONE upstairs! Not a single place to charge your phone or laptop in the 12 rooms upstairs. -_-" ... great. Now we need to get extension cords before the complaints, which I know will come, from committee and participants alike arise for the lack of being connected to their 'Active 10'... or '11'... or whatever. But it's understandable, considering that everyone most likely has someone to call every night, and the committee (all 5 of us) will be running around suicidal by the time the camp begins this Saturday... Just should've thought to check this earlier...

Well... here's to taking things one problem at a time!
 
**sounds of cocks crowing in the distance**

Wonder what tomorrow's gonna bring? 

**noise from the cars and motorcycles speeding at the road opposite my room**

Better make sure I don't drain the laptop battery just yet.

**Azan starting from the mosque opposite** 

-_-"

2 comments:

mInImOy said...

oi.im adding u into my bloglist!

JEremy said...

so this is what you were doing on the first day in the wee hours of the morning....
hahahahah.....
Go figure....